Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back In The Day...

So today I was being very nostalgic. (for those of you who have no idea what it means, like I did. It means: a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.) So I was being nostalgic and thinking about my cute little childhood. And you know what I realized??? IT WAS GREAT! I look at all the children now a days and wonder how they are surviving with out all the amazing things i had as a kid? I am seriously going to be the best parent by sharing things I grew up on. Even if they hate it. Yes, I did wear overalls, I played Skip-it, I wanted to get slimed, I watched The Magic School Bus, Bill Nyne was my favorite, I had a Lite Brite, I wanted to be a Power Ranger, but no, I did not have puffy bangs. Haha my mom was decent enough to let me have normal bangs i guess. I loved being me as a kid so I decided to give you a cute little taste of it!

So yes! This is me as a cute little first grader!!! In my overalls :)
Tamagotchi's where my favorite thing ever! I was addicted to mine



I was raised on The Amanda Show! She was seriously my idol! We didn't have Hannah Montana or anything. It was all about The Amanda Show and All That. 

The Power Rangers were my favorite!!! And of course we all had our fights about which Power Ranger we were going to be!

Yeah I had a pair like these...and guess what? I still have a pair!

Hula Hoops were a HUGE hit when i was a little cutie back in my day! It was one of my cherished toys. And mine was a Barbie Hula Hoop!


Yes I LOVED All That!


Who had a Lite Brite???? I did! I did!
Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking. "The Backstreet Boys??" Yes they were my favorite band! And Their concert was the very first concert I had ever been to! and yes, I was in love with Nick! But honestly, who wasn't??


Do you love ORANGE SODA??? I do, I do, I do!


It's Totally Kyle.....Classic :) 


Goosebumps were so scary when I was little! I remember reading the books and I was so jealous of my friend who had all of the movies! We watched them and I thought they were terrifying!! I recently saw a couple reruns of Goosebumps...and they are way cheesy! oh goosebumps...






I could probably go on forever about my childhood but I won't! I bet this post will drag up so many memories from when your childhood that you probably can't wait to get off of here and look up all your favorite clips from your favorite shows or try to find your old pet rock! Whatever it is that you are off to do, have fun! and remember Treat each other excellently, and Party on dude! 




1 comment:

  1. I was a big N*SYNC fan... so we can't be friends any more... haha just joking! I'm also very proud to be a 90's kid!!! Thanks for reminding me of how awesome it was!

    ReplyDelete